Old August 22nd 04, 07:46 PM
Roberta Zollner

Pretty!
I'd probably fold the old cloth into quarters and lay it on a piece of paper
big enough to cover. The edges won't match, but it should be possible to
draw a sort of average curve. Check this on your table -you can section the
table into fourths with masking tape if you really want to see it. Make sure
your paper pattern has the right amount of drop and that it hangs evenly.
Alternatively, put your big piece of paper on the sectioned table, pencil
where the rim of the table lies, then add the desired drop and connect the
dots.
Were you planning to piece the design elements, or appliqué them onto a
whole cloth?
Roberta in D

"JG" wrote in message
. ..
Ok, after some very helpful suggestions, I have *roughly* sketched what I
think I want to make. You can see it in my New Tablecloth album, URL

below.
The Star & Crescent pattern can be seen at
http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Sta...centBlock.html *Any* helpful
hints/suggestions/observations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how do I go about making such a large oval? The table is ~48"x72". I
would use the old tablecloth as a template, but it is very warped and not
even close to being an oval anymore.

TIA!
--
Ginger (in Texas)