Old January 12th 04, 04:12 AM
Ellice

On 1/11/04 8:24 AM,"Queen City Cross Stitcher"
posted:

Paula,

I have K's Creation Perfect Tension Bars for my scroll rods. These are
nice as you can release the Tension on your work easily. I have one set
of original wood side bars and 2 sets of the Elite. I love them and no
affiliation. You can order them directly from K's if you need to.

http://www.kscreations.com/acc_perfecttension.htm

Me, too - have the Elite Perfect tension bars. You can get a set, and
multiple side bars if you like - switching the tensioning gizmos - they are
like end-caps on one end of the side bars. I have a 10" set and a 12" set.
It's very nice because it's so quick to release the tension in the fabric a
bit, and then tighten back up when you're working on your piece. I use the
scroll set mostly for large XS, CT pieces that would be awkward in Q-snaps,
and I don't want to do in hand. Or, for long canvas pieces (like stockings,
big bell-pulls). For most of my XS, CT work on linen I use the Q-snaps.

So, if you want to use scroll bars, I second the recommendation for the K's
Perfect Tension bars. Generally, if I'm using the scroll set, I use it in a
frame - either my Baby Z lap frame, or my Stowaway Floor Frame - depending
on the dowel width.

I'm sure your sampler will come out beautifully. Check out what you can on
the various frames, stands. It does make stitching in some cases go faster,
or more easily.

Happy stitchin' -
Ellice - who doesn't work for K's ;^)