Old July 9th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Default and something else now.....( 'splain to me about 'band saws')

wrote:
Hey wait a dern minute...it was just a few months ago that you telling
folks that the foiler was another boat anchor along with the saw.
BTW...where's that video on soldering 30" in 2 seconds?

Either your memory or your reading skills are deficient. Perhaps both?

In the 10 or more years I've been posting on internet boards, I've
ALWAYS recommended using foilers. We use the upright Glastars. Mount
2 on a piece of plywood so one can have 1/4" copper back and 1/4" black
back foil while the other has 7/32" copper back and 7/32" black back.
We almost never use any other size foil, and NEVER use silver back
(not since first trying it and discovering won't stick properly).

We also sell foilers. Lots and lots and lots of them. We also sell
lots of silver foil - in spite of refusing to use it.

If you need help with your soldering, I suggest our "Soldering Clinic"
being held at Victorian Glass Fest next September.