Old November 2nd 05, 09:55 AM
Catherine

Default New quilter

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I've been wanting to begin quilting as a hobby for as long as I can
remember - since about age 14 when I saw my grandmother's beautiful
handmade quilts, and I'm 37 today.

I don't own a sewing machine and don't know how to use one as I've
never really tried. I never took home economics or had classes. I
have taken art for 4 years in high school, 1 year in University, and
had private lessons (including pen and ink, pencil, oil, watercolor,
and basic crafting), so taking this up wouldn't be a passing fling for
me but an extension of something I've enjoyed all my life. Coming
from the Appalachian area in the U.S. I think I've got it in the blood.

I'd like to learn to quilt and I'd like to do it like they did in the
olden days if possible, completely by hand, all hand sewn. Could
anyone point me in the right direction as to how to begin this art?

Thanks very much,
Catherine - "Cat" or "Cate" is fine too