Old January 6th 04, 03:34 AM
Javahut

"Mike J." wrote in message
om...
Yes. You are correct. We also do polishing.

C.R.Laurence has just one type of Cerium Oxide, that makes it easy to
choose from, but they are very expensive.

Thanks for your help.

a lot.

OK, well, I may not be of much help here and I will explain why.

I bought a 5 gal pail from CRLaurance a few years ago, like over 5 years
ago. Still using the same pail, and it is just now getting near the bottom.
I may buy more in March or April, I bevel often, nearly daily.

A word of advise to save your polishing time, (time=$), buy the best you can
afford. Good Cerium will save you time on the polisher. If this is a hand
operation, you will see the difference in inches produced, if it is for
"them new fangled high speed EYE-talian machines, you sill still see it in
inches produced. If it is a matter of not needing a big pail, I'll split
one with you, where are you located? Maybe better send a note off the group
from here out, the above holds true for anyone thinking of beveling.

Let me know where you are located.

Incidentally, I know of NO small distributors of the stuff, if they are out
there, they aren't advertising it.