Old July 12th 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
hobbyknitter

Default Singer LK100 /Zippy 90 problems

Hello Linda.

More than likely the sponge is no good. What you need to do is
replace it with new foam or make your own with weather stripping. I
just put up a video on how I did my KH390, similar but the LK100 don't
have the plastic pieces as shown in my video. You should have 3 or 4
metal brackets on the bottom. Now if you can sew the new one to the
old one and pull it through then you don't have to take the needles
out. But if the sponge is too far gone, then you will need to take
the needles out. Take a look: http://hobbyknitter.com/files/tips/r...ng_sponge.html

Roberta