Old July 9th 04, 01:19 AM
Polly Esther

I know everything. How I know everything is because I have made all of the
mistakes, some of them several times. Do Not even think about a polyester
batt. Even worse, don't think that a high loft polyester batt is lovely.
Just no telling how many quilters have fallen by the wayside attempting to
machine quilt with those.
The 80% cotton 20% polyester is a batt that is just fine for beginners.
Since I am the senior permanent member of the beginner category, I can
confidently recommend it. Hobbs Premium is a good one.
One day, I'm going to try a silk batt and perhaps a wool one. Just for
the fun of it.
The instructions for washing a batting before use if you are concerned
about shrinkage are on the batt bag. Believe them when they say Do Not let
the machine agitate. They aren't kidding. Did I mention that I have made all
of the mistakes?
Welcome to the addicted. We understand. Polly