Old August 15th 03, 01:05 AM
Shelly

I'll be darned sure that the next time I buy panels that I check each and
every one of them before buying them. This was suppose to be an easy
project. That was the whole purpose of buying the whole cloth panels. Not to
mention that they guy that wanted the quilt, picked the fabric out himself.
Well, I've sure learned something about checking the panels on this quilt.
Shelly
"Nancy Sumner" wrote in message
hlink.net...
That's exactly what I did when I bought a panel of Harry Potter fabric to
make my son's a quick lap quilt. I had bought the first panel when only

my
older son was a fan, but by the time I got around to making it, my younger
son also had been bitten by the Harry Potter bug, and couldn't find the
fabric at my lqs anymore. I went to Walmart. Their panel was totally off,
and to rectify it, I put a border on each side and then cut off the excess
to square it, making each side have a wide to narrow border. It looks

fine,
and the kids didn't even notice. It also helps to keep the quilts
distinguished one from the other. Nancy

---