Old August 15th 03, 12:12 AM
Nancy Sumner

That's exactly what I did when I bought a panel of Harry Potter fabric to
make my son's a quick lap quilt. I had bought the first panel when only my
older son was a fan, but by the time I got around to making it, my younger
son also had been bitten by the Harry Potter bug, and couldn't find the
fabric at my lqs anymore. I went to Walmart. Their panel was totally off,
and to rectify it, I put a border on each side and then cut off the excess
to square it, making each side have a wide to narrow border. It looks fine,
and the kids didn't even notice. It also helps to keep the quilts
distinguished one from the other. Nancy