Old March 8th 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default European stash raid

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:44:06 +0100, Heidi from Germany
wrote:

So, now Jo's in Paris and having all the fun, how about an European
stash raid ??? Anybody come with me to Scotland ? I know where her
stash is, it's neatly stored in a cup-board... and it's only for her
own advantage, she will have more room for the fabrics bought in
Paris...:-)
Heidi from Germany

http://home.vrweb.de/~hbquilts/
mail: please remove quilt from address

I'm back now! The stash is safe... though I'll be out at the gym
frequently to work off the brioche, croissants, wine, cheese and
chocolate. Mmm. We had sunny weather, snow, rain, you name it. 4
seasons in one day on Sunday. Got to see the Arc de Triumph in the
snow, but it quickly melted. We went lots of places, saw lots of
things, ate lots of food, but took our time and just enjoyed walking
around the city. Amazing how much French I learnt - I went not
knowing a word. The French people were lovely, kind, and very
helpful. They liked the fact that I did try to pronounce French words
instead of just speaking English... and everywhere I went I overheard
people speaking Russian. The Russian community is quite large in
Paris.
Ah, but I'm back now. Couldn't find any fabric other than decorator
fabric or scarves, but c'est la vie. Sasha guarded the stash for me,
brave QI!

-- Jo in Scotland