Old September 16th 03, 08:11 PM
F.James Cripwell

Ruthie ) writes:
Thanks, Jim and Dianne!
(snip)
Do I need to actually separate each strand? I was doing something a bit
unconventional. I happened to have a new toothbrush sitting there (don't
ask me why) and I brushed the floss with it until there was no twist.
(snip)
Suggestions gratefully anticipated!

Today I'm off to my LNS to see about getting a "learner" kit for cross
stitch. I bought a nice "stamped" kit - too nice to learn on. Another of
my amazing brain tricks - I convinced myself that I needed to make it
for a wedding present, but the wedding's Saturday, and I don't think
it's gonna happen, do you?

But I have to go to the dentist first. Which will really cut into the
ol' stash fund. :-(

Bye for now,

Ruthie

I am not going to get involved any more. As we say many times, just
about everything in needlework is personal preference. I have never
stitched with 6 strands, 4 is the most I have used. But when I first
learned to strip threads, the effect was so wonderful that I just think
everyone should know about it. My reason for commenting was that in the
past I have come across people who know how important it is to strip
threads, but forget when it comes to using all 6 together.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any