Old July 9th 03, 04:12 AM
Kalera Stratton

OK, so collectively you guys have given good reviews to every kiln I'm
looking at!

Actually, you have been very helpful... I think I'm narrowing things
down. I do want a digital controller, but I may build it myself. I'm
currently very torn between buying a less expensive kiln so I can have
it sooner (I'm looking at an AIM or a Jen-Ken) or waiting and getting a
more expensive kiln; the Fusebox or the Arrow Springs. As of this
moment, I'm toward a Jen-Ken with a digital controller, because it's a
good kiln with a solid reputation, and I don't REALLY have time to build
my own, do I? LOL! I'm thinking that having it NOW would be a Very Good
Thing and perhaps even worth my while if I bought another, more
expensive kiln next year. It might even come close to paying for itself
in electrical expenses by then; using a large top-loading kiln to garage
beads is ridiculously wasteful.

I wish that there was a little annealer available for under $300; I'd go
for it, but even the smallest annealers suitable for garaging beads as I
make them is comparable in price to the cheaper fusing/bead kilns!

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org