Old February 22nd 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

Default OT: The Congenitally Grammar-Picky (was OT Grammar Book New Log Cabin Quilt)

My papers dun as ewe kin sea
Its jest as grate as it kin bee
This I know bee cause
I have a spell Czech on my pea sea

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight fore it too say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me write a weigh.

Sew Teacher eye now no
Cuz my chequer tolled me sew
This papers perfect all the weigh
Throw aweigh that read pen and
Jest mark this with an aye.

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:12:28 +0000, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:

I taught English up to university entrance level on and off for many
years. I am dyslexic. The spelling checker is a wonderful tool, but it
does annoy me that these days so many kids use it without checking to
ensure that it is both set to the correct version of the language for
the area and exam system in which they live and work, and that they
accept it's corrections without checking that it has given them the
correct word, or the correct version of the word chosen.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY