Old February 22nd 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default OT: The Congenitally Grammar-Picky (was OT Grammar Book New Log Cabin Quilt)

) I am known for my red pen - honestly!
I am currently going through training on our upcoming new software
change, and promptly took my red pen to the instruction manual to
point out misspellings and grammar issues. I then handed it back to
the instructor. Oh, we are paying $1 million dollars for this change,
so it seems the least they could do is spell correctly!

Our CEO and Deputy Executive Officer routinely send out system-wide
emails with misspellings and bad grammar. Sheesh!

Ginger in CA
spelling has just always been "one of my things"
On Feb 21, 7:19 pm, "TerriLee in WA \(state\)"
wrote:

Oh, good grief!! As the daughter of an English major, all the things
mentioned annoy me. My mom use to tell me the very same thing; pronounce it
correctly, and spelling becomes much easier. Her other favorite remark was
"Words have meanings!" She said this when people used a word in the wrong
context, or used it to mean something it was never intended to mean.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to replyhttp://community.webshots.com/user/tlbishop

-