Old August 11th 04, 04:54 PM
Diana Curtis

I think more simple blocks as opposed to one elaborate one is a lovely idea.
Sending anything is better than nothing. I think attitude and feelings get
soaked into the quilt while its being assembled. The more love that gets
into them, the better.
Diana

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
I find that if I don't respond by mailing hug blocks right away the
request gets lost in the stack of papers on my desk. I try to keep a
few 6.5" blocks on hand so they can go to the mailbox the day the
request arrives. When I finish a project and have scraps on my table I
just sew them into 6.5" blocks.

If I have the perfect fabric for the requested theme I usually make
several very simple blocks to send. Am I right in thinking that the
person putting the quilt together would rather have several simple
blocks following the theme than one elaborately pieced block? I sign
only one of the blocks. If I ever send you more than one block and
forget to mention it please don't feel you have to include the extra
blocks. If you don't need them for the HUG put them in something for
yourself or save them for another HUG. The signed block is the
official HUG block.

Thanks to all who take the time to assemble the HUG quilts.

Susan