Old August 7th 03, 04:33 AM
rainbow

Default The Hearing Is Over

Well, it was horrible. After almost being late, due to a bus that was
late, we got there. I was a wreck till I found my voice ! The new owner
was there and instead of bringing his horrible girlfriend, he brought
his mom, who was not allowed to testify to anything. She had to wait in
another room. I won a $5 bet that he would bring her. He is just a
little mama's boy. He lied like the lying dog he is !!!
Actually, when he started to lie, my head started to involuntarily shake
"no". I know the referee saw it, because she asked me to stop ! I
couldn't help it and couldn't stop laffing, inside. Sunny my sister said
my jugular vein was popping out lke 3 inches ! The lie he told was so
whopping big, and I was allowed to reply. The moment he lied it broke
his scary hold on me and I got my wind. I am floored that he would go
that far. In the 2 letters I had to write, I have the story exactly the
same. It ended with him producing my last paycheck that he had held.
When it came time for Sunny to go in, he changed his story an more or
less told the truth, About 90%. The only thing that was really negative
is that we did not leave that job, with another job already, that we had
not procure work before leaving, and we did not try to mediate to
improve our original work place. We didn't complain enough !!!??? But it
got brought out that everyone was family and to tell the total truth,
we'd have had to hurt all the family members.Which I gather has happened
anyway. I was asked if it had been made better, would I have stayed and
I said no, as I had become a problem. It was also said that I had stayed
for 9 years, so why couldn't I have stayed longer. Why leave now
? And we talked about how this place had changed.
The referee was a princess ! Made it easy and was so fair .... but they
had a 3rd party mediator on a speaker phone from the off site mgmt co.
and she was totally up on unemployment law. We could still lose based on
what she has said. She was right, as I have read the law also, that this
did not do any serious harm to us physically, and we left with out jobs
and notice given. It was't in their opinion, a strong enough reason to
leave. However, the referee reviewing the tapes, is surely going to see
the flip flop he did from my case to hers. It was almost funny enough to
laugh at. He raised his hand. swore on the Bible and purjured himself. I
got a chance to give my account of what had happened, so that is that.
The best part was that we were heard back to back and the referee heard
both our stories in the same breath. That surely will count for
something. The decision could go my way because he lied, and I told the
truth. I am thinking that if he lied once under oath, that the referee
will look at his statements as maybe not all the way true.
I am so glad this is over. Even if we lose, we still win because we
stood very upright and said the truth and he lied. Even if only me and
the referee know. When he came out of the office between my hearing and
my sister's, his mother was waiting in the foyer, and I heard him lie to
her !!!! He may have not told her the whole story to begin with. He and
she were very grey in the face and scary looking, and extremely angry
.... gee, I guess I will never get a job reference, huh ? Giggle ! It
keeps us still in a muddle, in a way, but I can go to sleep tonight
knowing I did not have to stoop to his level.
Thanks to you all for the good vibes and support. We will know in ten
days if we get the cash we are due.
Rainbow