Old June 23rd 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default recycled phone numbers, was Polly's gators

Anne in CA wrote:
Larisa, I can go you one better --
We had our phone number changed about 2 years ago (paranoid DH, loooonng
story) and the one the phone company gave us had been the *fax* number
for a small auto repair shop. You can eventually convince a person
(pharmacy, bill collector, whatever) that they have the wrong number and
to stop calling you. You absolutely *cannot* do that with an automated
fax machine from some repo or insurance company! We regularly get calls
at 3 am from some east coast machine programmed to start calling at 6 am!

One of my apartments was one digit off for WalMart Service Desk in our
town. You can't convince someone they've dialed the wrong number when
they have a serious beef with Waly World over something. But at least
they don't call at 4 a.m.

-georg