Old January 11th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default The annual reckoning

A couple of you have asked when I'd post my
annual bought/used totals. I have been hesitant
because I'm, well, embarrassed.

From November 15, 2004, until the end of May, 2005,
I was very, very, very good about not buying fabric
(about 4 yards, all legal). Then while en route to the
quilt shop to get a piece of very legal backing fabric
for a specific quilt I stopped at a neighborhood garage sale.
The seller was a commercial crafter who was clearing
out her stash. I spent $88 and got a stack of books and
magazines and 70+ yards of fabric! The next weekend
I went to another neighborhood garage sale and found
another crafter selling off stash -- how could I turn
down a 5-yard piece that was $1?

It went downhill from then on. Or should I say uphill?
Because in the end I purchased a mountain of fabric.
BUT!! 97% of it was ON SALE!! AND!! in 2005 I sold
a quilt desing to a magazine ($200) and sold quilts at
the guild biennial show ($485). I also sold quite a few
books and notions through Quilters Flea Market.
ALSO!! I spent 26% *less* in 2005 than in 2004.

So, all that said, here it is. Now you can tell your
DH that whatever you bought, you know someone
who bought more.

Nann, who is *determined* to behave better in 2006

Yards Yards Used/Bought Amount
Year Bought Used Ratio Spent

1998 356 170 48% n/a
1999 297 172 58% n/a