Old January 21st 05, 05:49 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
What a neat, newsy post.
Thanks, Kathyl. Good luck on the hemming project.
Story of my life: hemming! G
ooo swing dancing--cool!
Enjoy your break.
Ragmop/Sandy
"KJ" wrote in message
I'm taking a break before tackling the last part of a project. DD's
friend
called me yesterday to ask if I could hem some dance pants for her.
Sewing
buttons and hemming pants...some of the most practical sewing projects but
put them off as often as possible. It must be my "time" though. DH left
me
a jacket on the kitchen table yesterday with one of the front buttons
lying
beside it. I promptly fixed it to get it off my conscience.
Last night DD and friend stopped by so I could mark these polyester wide
legged pants. The pants come unhemmed and VERY long. I now have them
marked, trimmed, and the edge serged. Of course that meant I have spent
an
hour rethreading my serger after retrieving it from the closet.....where
HAS
that manual gone??? (And I DID try to rethread it by tying the new threads
to the old ones....didn't work out this time.) I now can't decide if I
should blind hem or just topstitch the hems. I did leave a 2" hem for any
further adjustments in the future. We marked the pants to her flattest
dance shoes. This girl is quite an accomplished swing dancer and this is
part of a new costume. I'd never make any money with alterations or
custom
sewing. Too slow!

--
Kathyl