Old October 17th 11, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown[_2_]

Default Crafts from recycled glass

On Oct 15, 7:49*pm, Belinda Alene
wrote:
On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 09:41:35 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown

wrote:
On Oct 14, 12:24*pm, Belinda Alene stagandm...@tanglewood-
destiny.com wrote:
I have experience in a number of different handcrafts. *Glass work is my
weakest. *I live in an area with no glass recycling and would rather learn how
to use this glass than carting to the land fill.

I have a hand held propane torch, various files and other standard household
tools, plus jewelry pliers.

At the moment I am attempting to turn wine bottle into drinking mugs. *I am
considering using a file to mark the break line to separate the top from the
main bottle. *Then reshape the top into a handle for the glass mug.

Anyone that could help me?

You could buy a bottle cutter but you won't be able to get a really
nice polished top.

Bottle cutter or file and rubber hammer have near same results. *I plan to heat
the cut top into a smooth surface.

You will need to heat the entire bottle and not just the top. Try it
and you end up with a broken bottle.