Old October 14th 11, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Belinda Alene

Default Crafts from recycled glass

I have experience in a number of different handcrafts. Glass work is my
weakest. I live in an area with no glass recycling and would rather learn how
to use this glass than carting to the land fill.

I have a hand held propane torch, various files and other standard household
tools, plus jewelry pliers.

At the moment I am attempting to turn wine bottle into drinking mugs. I am
considering using a file to mark the break line to separate the top from the
main bottle. Then reshape the top into a handle for the glass mug.

Anyone that could help me?