Old August 8th 03, 12:15 AM
Harold E. Keeney \(Hal\)

Thanks, Andy,

And I thought the Oregon coast was practically a rain forest!
Although this has been the wettest year Virginia has had in
109 years, I don't think it will create a problem. Just wanted
to get an idea of what I shouldn't do, as I haven't done any
full window-sized inserts. Guess I should go ahead and try.
Thanks to all the other great people who either contributed
thru the group, or contacted me directly by email.

Hal

"Andy T." wrote in message
om...
I'm in Oregon, Hal. The space between the two could be as little as
1/2 inch. I've installed most where the stained glass sits right
against the clear. Your area might have higher humidity and so a 1/2
inch space with a couple of notched holes in the moulding (top and
bottom) ought to provide plenty of air to get in and circulate. Of
course you also run the risk of bugs getting in there....:-)

Andy

"Harold E. Keeney \(Hal\)" wrote in message

Thanks for the tips Andy! A couple of questions.
(1) Increasing the space between the two panels
of glass - shouldn't cause any additional problems?
(2) What area are you in? I'm in Virginia near the
North carolina border.
Hal