Old January 6th 05, 04:50 PM
Regina

Hi Marilyn! I'm Gina in Longmont, Colorado. I have relatives in Ohio.
You're heading to a cold snowy city. It's 10 degrees and expected to
"warm up" to 30 today. Friday it will be in the mid 30's, but the
roads should be good.

Here's my bio- I've been married to DH, Paul, for 8-1/2 years. We
have 2 dogs- a JRT named Flash and a wolf hybred named Naki . We live
outside the city on about 5 acres. We use to have some beef cows, but
are taking some time off from that hobby! I have 2 grown children. 1
daughter, Kelly, she lives near by and 1 son, David, who moved to
Chicago last year. I have 1 grandson, Clayton who will be 4 in 2
weeks. He's my daughter's son and I get to see him about once a month.
Between my daughter going back to school and working and my working ,
it's hard to get together. I work full time as an architectural
drafter. I'd love to retire to spend my days quilting!

I've been quilting for about 5 years. I have been working on a
"heirloom", hand quilted, quilt for Clayton for several years. I keep
thinking I'll have it done in time for his birthday. So far I moved
the delivery date 2 years and it looks like I'll be getting it to him
next year! LOL Other projects and hobbies keep it moving along slowly.
I'm currently working on a special memorial quilt. It's Ohio Star
blocks with Ohio Roses appliqued on top. I have a special fondness for
Ohio. My mom was born and raised in Piqua. It's in honor of her and
her 6 sisters that I am making this quilt. She and my dad would have
been celebrating their 55th anniversary today. They both passed away 9
years ago and I still miss them everyday. I work on different projects
depending on whether DH and I are traveling or if I need to make a gift
quilt, etc. I love almost all aspects of quilting and am learning alot
in this group. I do lots of hand work, too, but haven't tried piecing
by hand yet. I have so many ideas for quilts that I need to save that
for the machine so I can get them done. LOL I just bought a Janome
6500 on Ebay and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival, so I can try
machine quilting on it.

I don't post much, but I follow the disscusions closely. I think this
is a great group.
"Regina"