Old September 29th 03, 07:28 AM
Don

Default Purchase a used Kiln - How risky?

I have the opportunity to purchase an electric Kiln from a neighbor.
This Kiln has been setting in the basement for over eight years
without being used. What are the chances of the heating elements and
controller lasting for very long? I'm not experienced with pottery but
have this opportunity to purchase a potters wheel and kiln for hobby
use. They will fire the kiln to insure it works before I puchase it.
What is the best way to test the tempurature it reaches? Any advice
would be appreciated. Thanks

Don