Old February 4th 04, 05:31 PM
Kate Dicey

Pati Cook wrote:

Cina, there are a couple of possibilities here.
One, the balance is slightly off. There is a balance control somewhere on
the machine, usually on the back or bottom. Your manual should tell you
where.
Two, are you using a stabilizer when sewing these stitches? Often using
the appropriate stabilizer will solve this type of problem.
Three, make sure you are not pulling/pushing or holding the fabric back as
these are stitching out. Since these are some of the reverse motion
stitches this is very, very important.

You might also need to slightly loosen the top tension for any of these
stitches, as well as lighten up on the pressure foot pressure just a tad.

White machines in general are very good quality machines. Check and see on
the plate that has the serial number, where the machine was made. (I used
to know all the White machine numbers and all, but not for the last couple
of years.)
White is owned by Husqvarna/Viking and some of the White machines are
actually made in the H/V factory in Sweden. (I can check Tues. when I
teach to get more info on Balance and such if you need me to.)

Yes, I teach at a Viking/White dealership, and own Viking and White
machines, but otherwise not associated, etc.

My Lily has started missing bits and not forming zigzagz properly: some
stitches are OK for a whole, but gp 'off' for a few inches... Seems to
be a fairly random collection! After talking to the dealer's daughter,
provisional diagnosis is either a faulty step motor or the timing os
off! 'Unusual' Tracy said, and 'I don't need to ask about cleaning and
the like, do I?' No, she doesn't... Either way, I'm looking at it
being out of commission for a while as i hope to take it for fixing
tomorrow! JUST when I least need it! Luckily my mum is in Kent this
week, looking after my nephews, so she has brought her machine down for
me (my old Viscount). I shall be sewing, but I need mine fixed in time
to do the buttonholes on these posh jackets. I don't fancy doing nearly
40 buttonholes by hand!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk