Old October 7th 04, 09:49 AM
bluemaxx

Great! news on the photojournalist taking pics of your jewelry!
That's the hardest part of the whole creation business, imo.

On your other ruminations... Tina, I've seen a wonderful change in your
posts lately. You're making me laugh with many of your posts - it's
your sense of humor that's coming out more and more! It's a
wonderful result, Tina and you give me hope. So I'm saving this post
of yours to read and re-read... to remind myself of the power of loving
myself.
--
Linda
eBay Auctions - http://snipurl.com/twolegz

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
: I'll start with the only part of this that is somewhat on topic. The
: photography.
:
: We had company Mon night. One of the people is a budding
photojournalist
: with a fancy schmancy digital camera from the university, and she has
: offered to photograph my jewelry. Yippee.
:
: And the rest:
:
: People who came over were involved in "the healing arts",
: primarily Reiki, and I re-remembered some of my earlier mental health
: history. Two of the three of us who practice Reiki, spoke of having
issues
: really smack them in the face when they began their training.
:
: People doing Reiki often have that experience, but I did not. Looking
back
: for reasons, I see that I had already been working with a psychologist
on
: alcohol, domestic violence, and Co-Dependence, as well as Depression.
So
: perhaps many of my issues were already well on their way to
resolution.
:
: I had also been trying desperately to deal with my Depression.
Anything was
: worth a try. Psychology, meds, meditation while hugging trees, Tai
Chi, Qi
: Gung (think Chi Kung), Reiki. But nothing was working to lift the
: Depression. And then it occurred to me. In healing arts, they speak
of
: healing, not of curing.
:
: There are lots of conditions a person cannot be cured of, but a person
can
: be brought to a level of comfort and readiness. Often the "healing"
Reiki
: will bring to a cancer patient (eg), is an acceptance of the condition
and
: peace of mind, and readiness to take the next step,even while still
fighting
: the disease using the bodies own wisdom.
:
: It occurs to me that while I am not cured and might never be, I am
healed to
: a large extent. I want to be more, but I can love myself as I am.
And I
: think because of that, I can fight the effects of Depression much
better.
:
: Tina
: