Old September 11th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
kagjws

Default Converting cross-stitch graphs to latch hook?

Hi ! from the original poster....

I think we all finally got it straight -- I want to make a latch hook
rug from a cross stitch design/chart/graph (whatever you want to call
it). Actually, I don't have a particular cross-stitch pattern in mind,
but I have found relatively few latch hook rug patterns that I like. So
I wanted to look through some cross stitch patterns and see what I
could use. If I could. I haven't cross stitched in years and didn't do
much of it to begin with (my eyes crossed and blurred and gave me a
headache). So I was totally lost at "back stitch" and "fractionals" and
"x3" (oh, my!).

But I think I got it. I think? I know to avoid detail, etc. etc.
Actually, I was thinking of starting with an Amish quilt design or
something graphic vs. a picture.

Will take more tips/hints though!!!!!

Kris

kagjws wrote:
Hello,

I can't find any information on how to use cross-stitch graphs for
latch hooking, so I thought I'd ask here! I've found that a lot of
people said this can be done, but I'm not sure exactly how. I'm
presuming it's not a simple one-for-one square.....but it may be once
the cross-stitch graph is enlarged.

Any hints/tips?

Thanks!
Kris