Old July 19th 05, 08:03 PM
Cheryl

We're deciding. Since we operate the house on propane, there's a 300#
tank
between the house and the studio location. The "studio" will be a room

sectioned off in a large, empty metal structure. The tank can be place

anywhere at this point but are you asking if it will it be far away
from
open flame? Far enough. I'm chicken. But I am getting used to living

around tanks of propane that can obliterate all life in a 1/2 mile
area.

sheesh -why get another propane tank at all then?
All you need is a T line off your main house tank - contact a local
plumber and have them come in and plumb a line to the "studio."
Most professional glass studios I have been in have such plumbed gas.

Your local plumber can set you up with a proper connection and the
proper regulation (if required)for your needs.
Please don't depend on the people you have been talking to at the
propane place - they obviously do not know what they are talking about.
Additionally, I believe that you can run a Nortel Minor off regular
"house" pressure line....they only need a few pounds like 5 psi.

regardless - you should NOT PUT the tank inside the studio!

Cheryl

A Nortel Minor.

Also, the propane tank will be outside the studio, yes?