Old May 20th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default OT Long overdue update on how I am doing...

I hope that each day gives you more laughter. barnyowl - jennellh

On May 20, 3:14*pm, Rita L in MA wrote:
Hi,

I has been ages since I posted a message about my health. *There really
hasn't been a whole lot to say, though. *I'll probably make up for that
today :-)

So, last time I posted, I had just completed my chemotherapy treatment.
That was two months ago. *Since then I have been on a non-chemo drug
that, in simplest terms, prevents the growth of cancer cells. *There is
a lot more to it than that but that is its essence. *In fact, I just got
back from having my latest dose. *(More news about today at the end of
this message.)

I have started to go in to work at my office two days a week. *Apart
from feeling like I am in a foreign country sometimes, it feels good.
The rest of the week, I work at home - another foreign country sometimes :-)
Most days I feel really good, although I still get more tired than I
like to at the end of the day. *This is improving slowly.

Probably the most humorous part of all this is the hair loss. *I am
happy to report that my hair is now growing back pretty quickly. *Most
of my adult friends tell me that it looks very "hip". *Children, on the
other hand, tell the truth. *One of my almost-four-year-old twin nephews
(Nick, if I remember correctly) observed when he saw me recently that
"You don't have some hair!". *I thought that was pretty funny and then
last week my new young friend Alyssa (I had a very nice visit with her,
her younger sister and their mother) asked why I was wearing a scarf on
my head. *When I told her, she asked if she could take the scarf off to
see. *Once it was off, she asked "Are you a boy or a girl?". *(I laughed
at that, too.) We sorted that out and then she decided that I looked
better without the scarf - very tactful child! *Even CVS has an
opinion. *I recently received a free sample of volumizing shampoo in the
mail from them. *The laughing never stops :-)

This brings us to this week. *On Monday I had a CT scan and I got the
results today. *There has been a small amount of reduction in the size
of my tumor since the last scan. *There has also been reduction in its
density. *Much of the lymphangitic spread has resolved or reduced. *In
short, not perfect but very good news. *I will continue to receive the
avastin infusion every three weeks for the foreseeable future. *If that
stops working or causes problems, there are other treatments "waiting in
the wings".

That's about it. *As always, thank you for all the prayers and well
wishes. *Obviously they worked!

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA - One eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)