Old February 16th 04, 02:40 AM
Horatio

Default 29 Potters Drowned!!

It's true: it happened in 1799 near the Coalport factory and kilns.

The whole story is told in a long, sad poem in the book "Coalport:
1750-1950" by the famous novelist, Compton Mackenzie.

As a result of an estate sale, I have been asked to auction some books
from a private library, including this 1951 1st edition H/C - with its
original Coalport "Blue Willow" dustjacket.

Have a look at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3AM ESSE%3AIT

Sorry if I'm in the wrong group here. If you're not interested, please
feel free to copy this message to any friends who might collect Coalport
or other English china or pottery.

Thanks for looking!

Horatio

P.S. Or - if the link doesn't work - just go to eBay and View Item