Old September 2nd 04, 01:49 AM
Polly Esther

We have a dial-up unlimited minutes system. There are faster ones available
through our tv cable system. We didn't choose the cable ones because of our
area's vulnerability to storms. The phone lines are considered necessities
and are fixed quickly when a storm takes them out. The cable is considered a
luxury and they get to that one just when they can. Probably more Swamp
logic that you wanted. Polly

"DrQuilter" asked not that I am for advertising in this group or

anything like that, but a
doubt has piqued my curiosity. every time we get one of those obnoxious
posts somebody brings out the fact that 'some of us' pay per minute. I
know my mom does that back home, but I am wondering how many of us
really do that and how many have a DSL or dialup plan with a constant
rate no matter how many hours you are connected?