Old October 3rd 03, 07:57 PM
Wandalala

Hi Melinda, I live in the Bay Area and am looking for a serger, used is fine
with me. Do you know where I can get a good used serger, for a good price?

Wanda

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
I have bought new machines in that price range and been sorely
disappointed. Is there any way that you can find a used machine in good
condition from your newspaper classifieds or maybe a thrift store (I
find them there all the time -- gorgeous machines -- you have to test
them first to be sure they work, and any thrift store worth its salt
will let you)? That way you will only be out $5-50 and you will have a
machine that will last you for years.

The problem with the newer el cheapo machines is that they don't hold
their tension, they don't stitch well, and they are not built to be
durable machines.

If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area I have a few rescues who would
be happy to go to a new home for the price I paid for them.

Melinda, who dumped her newer machines in favor of 60s and 70s vintage
machines

Belindi wrote:
I've got machines narrowed down (given price and function) to these:

Brother Computerized Sewing Machine, Model CS-8072 for $289

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...cat=4770&type=
1&dept=4044&path=0%3A4044%3A4064%3A90433%3A4770

Brother Sewing Machine, Model XL-6562 for $198 on clearance

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

---