Old August 7th 03, 11:55 AM
BDS2pds

On my list of to-dos I am making a friendship cloth. It is a teacloth I think.
It has sayings that are just delightful on it and has a fringed edge. I cut
it out of "The Hope Chest Collection" article in a needlework magazine LONG
ago. The sayings are :
Friendship Alone has that to give which makes it worthy our while to live.
Welcome shall dwell within this seat friendship alone can make it sweet.
For your faithful kindly ways health and happiness crown your days.
Like the rising orb of day may peace and joy attend thy way.
All four sides have a saying facing the table edge. And there are sampler type
works framing the sayings and rather squared off into a square within the
tablecloth . It is a delight but have not made it yet. What is holding me
back is of course the price of linen. It calls for 27 count cream linen which
is 1 yard and 4 inches so the rather primitive tea cloth is going to cost $60
or more depending upon linen price because of that. It is a delight though.