Old August 7th 03, 06:24 AM
Russell Miller

Default Needlework Tablecloth

I have....had a tablecloth that I bought it at a second hand store. I
loved this tablecloth. But that was before my washing machine ate it.
Yup, just chewed it up and spit out all the little pieces. This
tablecloth seemed to be a fine white cotton or linen. It ironed up
beautifully. It had cross stitch flowers and ribbons stitched all
around the border, with a basket of flowers cross stitched in each of
the four corners. But just inside of this stiching, the tablecloth was
cut out into what I can only describe as a ladder shape done in....well,
sort of a crochet stitch of some sort. This cut out ladder ran parallel
to the cross stitching around the whole tablecloth. There was also a
little disc cut out in each corner, and the cross stitched basket of
flowers was done on the fabric in the middle of this cut out ladder
design. Kind of like a cotton or linen coin in the middle of a circular
crochet ladder, with a flower basket in the middle. This cut out and
cross stitch patterns was repeated in the center of the tablecloth as
well. Does anybody happen to know what this type of work is called?
I'd love to make a duplicate tablecloth but don't have a clue what the
work done on it is called. Thanks to anyone who knows. )

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.
--
Maureen Miller C.H.