Old September 1st 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

Default Round Robins

On Sep 1, 2:35 pm, Patti wrote:
You can avoid the 'how large will it end up' problem (which I readily
recognise) by making a row robin and stipulating the width of the rows
and the sashings. Bit more regulatory, but no hard feelings afterwards!
.
In message , Roberta Zollner
writesAnther point to discuss before you start swapping and sewing: does it matter
to anyone how big the final result will be, or if everyone's quilt ends up a
different size? The last RR I was in, we started with medallions any size up
to 16" IIRC. No restrictions on border sizes. Some people's quilts finished
at bed size, and others' a smallish WH. You may decide you don't care, but
it could be a burden for those who feel forced to buy much more fabric.
On the whole, RRs are a fun way to challenge yourself!
Roberta in D

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

That's if, Patti, everyone agrees to a stipulated width of a strip!!
I tried to agree one width with our strippy RR but everyone else
wanted to please themselves! Made for an 'interesting' time when it
came to putting them together! However, I think I ended up with a
more interesting quilt as a result. See my one on the web shots
pages. Elly