Old May 14th 04, 03:41 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Put your label fabric on a piece of sandpaper,
then use the Micron Pigma Pen; works for me every time. ;-)
If the inks you're using for practice are not specifically
permanent-for-fabric, they will likely wash out.
Ironing non-permanent ink doesn'talways/usually make it waterproof,
unless you don't want it to stay, then it will. g

http://www.clotilde.com/cl/
has permanent marking tools in a variety of colors'
here are a few mo
http://www.ezquilt.com/products/notions/permmarkcan.htm

http://www.colortime.com/fabric_mark..._fabric_marker

http://www.dharmatrading.com/markers.html

http://www.dickblick.com/categories/fabricmarkers/

Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy
wrote in message
.. .
I bought the Micron 005 pens to do my first quilt label. It's so fine

that
I'm not able to write very well on the fabric. What am I doing wrong?

Also I tried different practice inks on fabrics, ironed them in and later
washed them to see which ones would wash out and they all did!. Again,

what
am I doing wrong.

Thnx for your help.

Barb C.