Old January 3rd 04, 12:46 AM
Shstringfellow

Unfortunately, what worked in the 1950s when most
women were home during the day does not work in the 2000s when most women are
at work downtown during the day.

This is what I keep saying, too. The merchants downtown in our small city are
always trying to find things to blame their poor business on, but it basically
comes down to they are not sensitive to the needs of the modern customer- they
are open 10:00-5:00 M,T,Th,F&S-they close at 1:00 on Wed. and are not open any
evening hours, even at the holidays. If I work until 4:30 or 5:00, and need
some little thing, do they think I'm going to wait until Saturday to get it?
No, I'll run out to the nearest big box store and pick it up and more!
SueS