Old January 2nd 04, 11:54 AM
F.James Cripwell

"Chip Orange" ) writes:
I worry that this is indicative of the decline in the needlework industry.
My husband thought it might mean that with the economy waning from the 90's
fewer people have access to computers.

Jim, when you gave the numbers, you never speculated on the reason for the
decline. Any ideas?

Allie Orange

Maybe I did not speculate, because I have no idea what the cause is.
However, we must remember that Usenet is a very recent phemomenon,and many
newsgroups which started up with high expectations, have simply
disappeared. It may be that RCTN is settling into a more mature routine.
I also like to hope that some of the high volume was caused by the flame
wars we have had over the years. Again, as we mature, we may have learned
how to be more tolerant of each other.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any