Old September 16th 04, 03:52 AM
Debra

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:08:47 -0400, Zina wrote:

Hello

I like to sew medieval and other historical costume. But sometimes
it is difficult to find interesting textile, linen at good price, I
am specialy looking for a textile with small fleur de lys
embroided,(lightblue and gold or white) armoiry,

Anyone saw something on the Internet?

Zina

Are you looking at only linen, or are you also interested in fabrics
made from other fibers? Silk and wool were used to make fabrics then
as well as flax which is the plant linen is made from. You will often
find more interesting fabrics at a shop that sells upholstery and
drapery fabrics than at shops that sell clothing fabrics. I've seen
some stunning medieval costumes made from drapery material. Just
remember to check what fibers are used in the fabric before you buy
it. In the US some drapery fabrics have fiberglass in them and that
stuff is awful to your skin.
Debra in VA