Old August 20th 03, 06:49 AM
Butterfly

Before ANY of you RCTQ'ers get any ideas--it was NOT in
MY Mr Friddggie......altho he does have a couple of pieces of fabric
on his front-- courtesy of a coupla RCTQ'ers vbg
Butterfly (I am SOooooooo pleased that HoBo NOW likes Green..WHEW..she
might let me visit with her again : )

HoBo wrote:
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
. ..
Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits

up, thank you muchly! But the days linger long

sometimes. I havent energy to do much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the

power to entertain and amuse me if you

feel like it, and I hope you do... Would you please tell me how you came to

post at RCTQ, and why you stay,

and how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your

quilting future. Maybe everyone else will get some

pleasure in reading these .. then I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored
-- http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Hi Diana!

Here's my short story of how it all began per your request :^)

I started quilting in 1989 after getting a quilting catalog in the mail.
Got my curiosity so I ordered a quilt kit. Not feeling all that sure in
selecting fabrics much less a pattern it was easy to let someone else pick
out the fabrics for the design I liked. I'm self taught since where we used
to live it took an hour to get to town and all the guilds met in the
evenings. Night driving is not my cup o' tea. But I discovered all the fun
books, patterns & gadgets that all work together. Since then I've made
probably at least a dozen quilts. I've learned to enjoy working with
triangles, green fabric & will master applique if it kills me g

I found r.c.t.q. way back in 1994 (!). DH (then boyfriend) had just
purchased a computer & he had run across the newsgroups so he subscribed me
to rctq. I lurked for awhile, then hopped in (after The Great Flame War was
over g)- and have participated in the goings on like block/fq/siggy swaps
& HUGs (first one was Ruth's HUG) and have been in on many HUG's thereafter.
And maybe even an instigator of at least one or two. :-)

I've stayed because of the friendships of those I've met & those that I
haven't met personally, even when they have sent me green fabric ;^) the
swaps, silliness & fun that the group has offered over the years. I have
laughed & cried with you all. If you ever get a chance to meet an rctq'er,
do it! It is even more fun when you gather in groups! You'll discover all
sorts of things, like there ARE quilt police.... they just reside in Burbank
g (I'll have to get that picture posted one of these days) Or that fabric
CAN be stored in the refrigerator, isn't that right Butterfly??!

If I can only find more 'spare' time (and a cooler sewing room) I can do
more quilting & other crafty things that I like to do. Along with getting
back onto the ng. Back to my little corner of lurkdom.....for now g Hope
you are feeling better soon!

(((gentle hugs)))
HoBo