Old August 19th 03, 08:25 PM
Cathy Tyler

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message . ..
Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy to do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me if you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you stay, and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these .. then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored

Diana, What a wonderful topic - and interesting posts! I'm at work
so don't have time right now to go thru all of them, but will check
back for the rest! I came to RCTQ this past Spring - My sister and I
were planning a trip to Germany and one of my chapter mates suggested
this ng as a source on German-quilt-related info. I keep coming back
because I learn a lot, and enjoy the personalities! Also great OT
updates on the winter storms of 2003, and the most recent USA NE
blackout. And just this week I did a search of the group for
Cathedral Window patterns, so I could make samples for my ds and dsil
- with great success! I came to quilting in the early'90s, after I
finally got over the I-can't-possibly-quilt fears. Listened to my
aunts and momma, took a class, and haven't looked back. What a
wonderful combination of problem-solving, color, fabric, and creative
excitement. I've met fascinating women, at all stages of life and
skill, thru our common bond. For my future, I hope to have time to
make at least a few of the quilts still in my head, finish at least a
few of the tops waiting to be quilted, meet at least a few of the
RCTQ'ers face to face, and figure out how I can work a quilt-focussed
income stream into my upcoming retirement plans! Epilogue - we didn't
get to Germany (war jitters). But the two of us did drive coast to
coast of the grand ole USofA in April. Many thanks to our supportive
families! And best wishes, Diana, for your prompt recovery!