Old April 24th 04, 05:24 PM
Heinrich Butschal

bk51atwork wrote:

Hi!

I was hoping someone could tell me the difference (if there is one)
between sterling silver & Tibetan silver.

Also,is there a difference in the purity, quality rating and is it
identifiable by a hallmark?

I'm interested in how it effects the quality & value of jewelry.

I've been searching on-line for hours.

Thank you in advance.BK

Sterling silver has a purity of 92,5 percent fine silver.
7,5 could consist of different metals. In most cases it is copper an a
little bit of zinc.
It is produced whole over the world in different qualities and styles.

Tibetian silver is produced in Tibet. There ar no purity or alloy
restictions known.

Best whishes,
Heinrich Butschal
--