Old February 12th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default grrrrrrr. Price gouging OT

My suggestion is that you buy from online shops that do not gouge on
shipping.

You can get 6 yards in a Flat Rate Priority envelope. So anyone
charging you over $4.50-$4.75 is just making money on the shipping.
Same goes for the flat rate boxes. You can get 15-20 yards in a $8.10
box - so $8.50-$8.75 would be right in line. I realize that gas is
expense, but so are listing fees, photo fees, gallery fees, etc., and
if no one bids on your FQ or fabric that the seller is losing.

I would rather try to be competitive on fabric pricing and pass along
shipping than gouge a buyer. A FQ may not fly in the mail for $0.39,
but it should not cost more than $0.75 and anyone who charges $2.00 is
off their rocker. A stamp, envelope and the lick cannot cost them
$2.00.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I have sold fabric on ebay in the past and it
rubs me the wrong way that ebay sellers are doing this. I have to tell
you the entire ebay market is going down because of these types of
activities.

Just my Two cents...