Old June 15th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

Default OT needing ice cream experts

DH & I both really like Weight Watchers English Toffee Crunch Ice Cream
Bars. I can eat one of them and stop. If I'm dishing up ice cream, I think
I have to fill the bowl heaping.
--
Donna in Idaho

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
If all else fails, try the Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwiches. Some brands are
Klondike, Skinny Cow, and Weight Watchers, IIRC. My fav is the Klondike.
Even non dieters like these! I don't think they taste like Mop n Glo, but
it has been ages since I've indulged in a MnG cocktail!!
PAT in VA/USA

Polly Esther wrote:

DH is a very good sport about our 'fat-free' diet but ice cream used to
be such a favorite of his. So. Therefore. I am going to invent
wonderful ice cream that doesn't contain egg yolks or fat. The stuff at
the grocery leaves an after-taste much like Mop 'n Glo and I'm sure 'we'
can do better.
One of the recipes I've found calls for an envelope of powdered
whipped topping. That sounds like it might work. The recipe calls for
TWO teaspoons of vanilla to make only 2½ cups. The ice cream freezer is
big enough to double the recipe but I'm thinking four teaspoons of
vanilla is going to be waaaaay too much. The 'theory' is that your
tastebuds are dulled by something frozen and ice cream needs a heavy hand
with flavoring. I'm going to need some guidance as well as some
taste-testers. Naturally, there will be chocolate cake to go with it.
Polly