Old February 20th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - rambling - should I believe this???

What's the difference between a bio and step grandchild but DNA. The heart
doesn't know. Our Kelli is from my DSIL's previous marriage but believe you
me - she is MY DGD!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
I can just barely imagine not realizing if it's a first baby and the mother
is possibly quite a bit overweight anyway (that's the only reason I can
think of for being able to wear the same clothes when she's 8 months
along!) But not realizing when it's the 2nd time? That just pushes
skepticism a little too much!
As for being a granny to your DGS's younger sibling, go right ahead! Every
baby needs a granny.
Roberta in D

"marigold" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
Any one know someone who did not know they were pregnant till 8 months
or farther along?
I just got a phone call from our 4 year old grandsons mother letting us
know she is pregnant and has to move. Her and DS split up almost 2
years ago, but we stay in touch with her so that we can still see DGS.
They live 6 hours away so we have not actually seen them for some time.
Her story is that she hadn't been feeling quite right for sometime, Dr
was testing for thyroid and other possible problems. About 2-3 weeks
ago she started feeling movement like feelings, which made her wonder
about pregnancy but she just kind of pooh poohed the idea and her
mother passed it off a gas related.
She hasn't had a boyfriend (not DS) for sometime now, but insists she
was on birth control while they were together. At her last Dr's
appointment she mentioned the movement and Dr checked and confirmed
that YES she is pregnant!
As near as they can figure the baby should be here about the end of
March.
I guess I'm sort of amazed! I can't imagine not knowing for that long.
She claims she has not gained any weight and is still wearing the same
jeans she was 8 months ago. DH and I have been sworn to secrecy as she
hasn't told many people yet, so I can't discuss this with any of the
family.
I know I've heard of women that have actually given birth without
knowing they were pregnant, but always wondered if it was just a story
made up cause the woman didn't want anyone to know.
In my world babies are always a blessing (sometimes in disguise). I
have chosen to accept her story as told and offer what support I can,
but I can't help but wonder if she just didn't want her ex and his
family to know about this baby.
DS (her ex) and his new significant other are the parents of DGS to be
- also due in March!

My other question is since this is our DGS's baby brother or sister is
it ok to consider ourselves grandparents to this one too? I think it
would make our visits with DGS less confusing. I'm sure Mom would be
more than ok with it and DH and I have no problems with the idea. ...I
guess I just answered my own question. The only objections would come
from DS & his SO(maybe/probably) and possibly other children that
already think we are bonkers.
Since we will only see this baby once or twice a year because of the
distance, I don't think we will be accused of spending too much time
with this one and not with the biological grandbabies.

Well, thanks for letting me ramble. Putting thoughts into words helps
to clarify things sometime.

I am curious though if it really is possible to go 8 months without
figuring out that you are pregnant???

Marilyn
stunned, confused, and bubbly cause there is another new baby coming!!!