Old April 29th 04, 05:32 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: "Jalynne"

Why use zippers? When I make shams, I make them so that there are two back
pieces
that overlap...no closures necessary. they're quick and easy to make, and
way less
frustrating.

First off, you guys gotta remember that most of my sewing lately is Home Dec
stuff and I *always* use zippers in those types of pillows :-)! The finishing
work I do for the Needlework Magazine, the needlework designer and
Plaid/Bucilla don't have any closure at all -- they are sewn shut as they don't
get used! That just goes against the grain for me -- LOL!
The pillow shams -- IF Janet wants them -- will have the standard overlap
back. Several of the pillows will be extra special because I will be using the
blocks sent by Janet's family. They were fairly big pieces of fabric and not
suitable for the quilt. Those will definitely have zippers on them and most
likely have some sort of "froufy" looking upholstery or drapery fabric for a
back.
OK -- for the "regular" quilt block pillows I might do an overlap back with
some velcro buttons. That will depend on the fabric I use for the backs. I
will have to check the LQS in Lizard Land while I am there for some thinner
batting than the W&N to use for the fronts. Does anyone have any ideas where I
can get the "Thinsulate" that was mentioned in one of the other posts???
Thanks & ciaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!