Old April 28th 04, 01:16 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default Making Pillows & Pillow Shams

Hi Guys,
Well, I have loads of duplicate blocks left from Janet's Fire {{{Quilt}}}
and more arrive almost every day. I have enough of them that was thinking of
making 2 pillow shams in addition to 2 or 3 little pillows to go with the
quilt. I still have quite a few of the strip pieced blocks that my friends
helped make and I will use those in all the "accessory" things I make so that
everything coordinates.
So -- I hadn't actually thought about quilting the pillow & sham tops but I
think I should. I would thknk that they wont get laundered as often as the
quilt and I don't think I actually need to use my Warm & Natural batting for
them. I was thinking of using flannel instead and wondered if anyone had done
that before. Since flannel shrinks so much, I would pre-wash it. I like the
look you get when you *don't* pre-wash the batting but flannel just seems to
shrink more than the batting.
Any thought on using the flannel or should I try something else? The
thought of trying to deal with the batting in seam allowances and zipper seams
does NOT make me happy -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!