Old July 16th 03, 05:02 AM
Beadseeker

Karlee,
I've only been a Mom once, but I felt a lot like you did. I delivered almost
a month early, we didn't tell anyone I was in labor except my best friend and
we only told her because we were all supposed to have lunch together that day.
Needless to say, I missed lunch.
My mom had died by the time I had Perry so I didn't have to deal with that.
We had my Dad in for one half hour of "grandson holding" and my inlaws in for
the same. After I went home, I told everyone I was turning off the phone, no
visitors until we said it was OK. Everyone was pretty cool with that.
If you get an argument, tell them the hospital (or your doctor) has new rules
and you can only have one person in L & D with you. Most hospitals here follow
that rule anyway.
Good luck.
Remember, this is YOUR baby, not your Mom's or your Mother in laws. You
deserve the kind of delivery YOU want. If they give you a hard time, tell them
they are upseting you and your doctor has told you to avoid stress (not really
a lie since stress is felt by the baby).
Patti