Old February 19th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default New Log Cabin Quilt

Please could you repost the link to your LC quilt? I miss A
LOT of posts and I would love to see. LC is one of my
favourite pieced blocks.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
: On Feb 18, 9:50 pm, "Polly Esther"
wrote:
: Wow, John, that's gorgeous. I'm curious. I notice that
your center
: sashings are a little wider than the others. Were you
following a pattern
: or was this a design element that seemed like a good
idea on your own?
: Never saw that before (of course, there's lots I've
never seen) but it looks
: wonderful. Polly
:
: I used a picture in one of my quilt books as inspiration.
There would
: be no way to reduce the width of the center sashings, as
that would
: reduce the overall width of that group of squares to some
degree. Or
: at least to my understanding of it. The center sashings
are consistent
: both horizontally and vertically so I think it balances
out in the
: long run. And the (sashings) are in fact created by the
dark color
: strip on the outside (dark color) of the pattern squares.
They just
: are dominant because they are butted, when placed in that
orientation.
: In a couple of pictures in the same book, they show a
zig-zag pattern
: which does not have that effect due to the non butting of
the dark
: colors. All strips are 1" finished and consistent
throughout.
:
: John
: