Old December 13th 05, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Kittens scratching sofa

I ordered up a new sofa just before Lilly cat turned up. I have a
sort of big scratching post I made. We also have the cardboard
scratchers all over the place. Once in while one of the kitties
will scratch something they shouldn't but it is not real often.
I bought a bottle of Boundary and it helps. It is a repellent.
I have used it on several pieces of upholstered furniture and it
seems to help. Make sure you test it on your fabric first.
I bought some of the double sided sticky tape for cats but never
needed to use it.
If water doesn't work in the squirt gun add a touch of vinegar to
it. That helps with pups.
HTH, TAria

She in PA wrote:
I have three kittens one is 6 months old and the other two are 4 months old.
All of them like to law at the end of the sofa. I have tried spraying them
didn't work. I tried chasing them with a paper bag with noisy things in it.
I just looked like a fool running around the house. Then when I sat the bag
down they would go and play with it. I am getting a new sofa is there any
suggestions besides getting them de-clawed\? I don't like doing that.

She in PA